Do you have a goal? Any goal, big or small, requires effective time management in order to reach it. If you are one that wastes away the precious little time you do have, then you know all too well how difficult it is to achieve even small goals.
Truth be told, we all have the exact same amount of hours in our day. Therefore, it's not about how much time we have, whether how effectively we manage the time that is given to us.
There are many good time management systems out there to work with, but if you don't want to become part of the statistic of people who fail to achieve their goals, then you MUST pay attention to how you use the time you have. It's important to follow a system that will help you get things done, but also one where you prioritize personal and family time. Here are some tips to help:
1. Spend the first part of your day on the most important tasks (MITs). Accomplishing these tasks will give you the biggest momentum to help you sail through the rest of the day.
2. Schedule email response times. When your email is constantly 'notifying' you of incoming messages, it's easy to get distracted. Schedule a time to read and respond to emails. Let your co-workers, family, and those important to you know that if something is urgent they can text or call you.
3. Eliminate bad habits. Use your time wisely by eliminating things that suck up your time. These can be things such as social media surfing, going out to party with friends, binge-watching movies, and so on.
4. Make time to exercise. Creating time in your schedule to exercise helps create balance. It will also increase your energy, stamina, and focus.
5. Make a TO DO list for each day. These goals will be easier to achieve and help you move towards the longer term and bigger goals.
6. Declutter and organize. Clutter in our environment makes us lose focus. If we are not focused we are losing time. Start small, doing one thing per day, and you will eventually find yourself turning into an organizing warrior.
Don't forget to do things like take a walk, sit and listen to music, paint, go on a date, visit a museum or sporting event, and so on. Life is short. Do not ignore the things in life that make life worth living while you are on your way to achieving your goals.
Comments will be approved before showing up.